Is that anything like sea legs? Only if your sea legs have 2 inches of hair on them.
When I dropped Toby off at the groomers yesterday I stopped at the feed store and got pellets, scratch and pine shavings for the girls. I was looking at these neat gecko figurines at the store, and the sales girl was talking about them, I told her they were gorgeous, and that I had a gecko tatoo on my ankle, but my legs were so hairy that I was ashamed to show her. So she whipped up her pant leg and showed me her legs were hairy too. We both had our winter legs on. So I showed her my gecko.
I say if I am wearing jeans all the time why waste precious water and time shaving my legs?
So today I thought well maybe I should shave them, it is getting a bit warmer, and well it's getting all tangled…ha! Just kidding, it's not that warm yet.
So I got them all shaved up this morning, and then that leads me to another weird conversation. Soap etiquette, I made sure I washed all the hair off the bar of soap. No one wants to see any kind of hair on a bar of soap right? Don't you just love how I can start out with an innocent "I went and bought feed for the girls today" and end up talking about hairy soap?
So remember my fun little chandelier I picked up on the weekend? Well I wanted to put my battery operated candles in it, but they are a mustard wax color, so I was gonna dip them into white or vanilla wax, but I thought I would be frugal.
This is what they looked like and they were too dark for the vanilla chandelier. So I used some of my antique vanilla spray paint and scraped off the mustard colored wax on the "flame" so you could see it better…and now look.
Neat eh? I'll see if they stay nice, as I change batteries out once in a while, I have a feeling they may get marks in them, I just have to remember to remove my rings before I handle them. I can't wait to hang it, Jeff spray painted me up an old chain for it. Mark came tonight while American Idol was on and got the rest of the drawer covers on and the stamp set cabinet doors on. He also got the one side panel on that covers the water heater. He will be back Friday night (nothing like saving it to the last minute – my Open House is Saturday!!!) and finish it up. I told him little things could wait, he still has a few inner workings to work on. I just want it visually finished. That aint asking too much is it?
So I didn't hear American Idol that well tonight as I was out in my studio listening while the guys worked, drilling, ratcheting, sawing, that kinda stuff. So here is my opinion to the best of my knowledge.
Stop reading if you didn't see it.
The girls were up tonight and I must admit quite a few sang before anyone really really impressed me, in fact I had never heard most of the songs.
1. Ta-Tynisa: OMG! these short dresses with those bushy slips, I remember when they were hugging the judges when they got picked and were bending over and I was like geesh, I hope you got underwear on! I did not know the song, it sounded just ok (accompanied by hammering). I love that Randy is keeping it real, he has been on the show long enough I think to know what to say and Steven and J-Lo are being sweet.
2. Naima: She always has such beautiful dresses on. She sounded pretty good.
3. Kendra: I didn't like the song and didn't care for her singing tonight and she is one I like.
4. Rachel: Ugh – Gong!! She and Clint can leave right now. What was with the going behind the judges? Blech! Did you get the feeling I didn't like it?
5. Karen: She sounded beautiful, and this is a pretty song.
6. Lauren T: She sounded great, even though I didn't know the song. She has a set of pipes on her.
7. Ashton: I love her hair, she is such a beautiful singer, but what the heck kinda song was that? Blech!
8. Julie: I loved this, and the song was perfect for her.
9. Haley: This really was my favorite song up to this point of the night. Randy critiqued her wrong.
10. Thia: Crap I missed this till the end, the guys were putting up the fake wall dealie, and banging and thumping. I'm gonna have to google it, cause my BFF Tracy said it was beautiful.
11. Lauren A: I LOVE HER!!!! She is my fave, and she is only 16. Well I sure didn't look like that at 16…heck I've never looked like that at any age.
12. Pia: She is beautiful to listen to and to look at. Jeff said " she is pretty" and I was like "she is beautiful"
So I am voting for: Lauren A, Haley, Pia & Thia - aren't there some unique names this year?
What did you think? So are we going down to 12 on Thursday night already?
Have an awesome Thursday and thanks for stopping in!